Chick Pea and Red Pepper Salad
Posted By: Lucas Bombardier
This is a classic chick pea salad recipe that is both healthy and delicious.
1 can chickpeas rinsed & drained
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped into small pieces
1/2 small Red Onion, thinly sliced, with the grain
2-4 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put the vinegar, oil, cumin and mustard in a bowl or jar along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk, or shake, until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the chickpeas, red pepper, shallots, and parsley to a bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette, mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt and/or pepper as necessary.
- Best eaten the day of rather than refrigerating. (When refrigerating the oil will likely congeal.)