Leek and Potato Soup
Posted By: Lucas Bombardier
A traditional take on leek and potato soup.
1 Large Leek
1 Medium Onion
2 Celery Stalks
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Potato
Several sprigs of Thyme and Rosemary
1tsp fresh Lemon Juice
4 cups Chicken Broth
Knob of Butter
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly chop celery, leek (use all the white ad 1" of the green), onion and garlic.
- Melt butter over medium high heat then add celery, onion, leek and garlic. Cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to medium. Continue to sweat for an additional 6 - 8 minutes. Don't burn it!
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop your potatoes and herbs.
- Once boiling, add your potatoes herbs and lemon juice.
- Simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender cream your soup until it's smooth. Add the cream and return to the heat. Taste and add salt as required. Cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes.