In truth, this is really a scalloped potatoes recipe – complete with… you guessed it, potatoes and cream of mushroom soup – with the added deliciousness of copious amounts of cheese, a little garlic and onion, and some sausage. I’m a big fan of turkey Kielbasa, it’s a little leaner than regular kielbasa but still has that great smoky flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 lb (125 g) Kielbasa (or other cooked sausage)
- 1/4 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups grated Gruyere or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by peeling 2 russet potatoes and thinly slicing them.
- Finely dice 2 cloves of garlic, and 1/4 of an onion, you want to make sure these suckers are thin.
- Halve the sausage and cut into thin half-moon pieces.
- Add milk to cream of mushroom soup in a tupperware container and shake until well mixed.
- Start by adding 2 tbsp of the soup mixture to the bottom of your baking pan, followed by an even layer of potato.
- Toss on a little chopped garlic, some onion, and a small handful of grated cheese.
- Repeat completely 3 times, and finish with a (4th) layer of potato.
- Add the rest of your cheese and about 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 90 minutes, removing the tinfoil for the last 15-20 minutes.