- 1 Sheet Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 10 – 12 Pre-cooked Sausages
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Bourbon (Honey Jack Daniels!)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Egg
- We’ll start by unwrapping a can of pillsbury crescent rolls. Most cans have 2 full sheets, but we’ll only need one for this recipe, so throw the other one in the freezer for later use.
- Pinch the perforated edges together so the pieces don’t fall apart during wrapping.
- Cut the dough into about a dozen strips. Each strip should be about a 1/2″ to 3/4″ wide.
- Wrap each of the pre-cooked sausages, starting at the bottom, working your way to the top, leaving a small gap at the top to give the illusion of a “face”.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 egg, and give each mummy a good egg wash so they develop a nice golden brown color in the oven.
- Bake at 375 for 15 – 20 minutes — while these are cooking, let’s put together our sauce.
- Start by adding butter to a pot over medium heat. When melted add ketchup, mustard and Sriracha. Stir well and bring to a bubble.
- Add bourbon, worcestershire, vinegar and cayenne. Stir constantly over medium heat to burn off alcohol and dissolve cayenne.
- Decant and let cool.
- Serve sausage mummies with dipping sauce!