- 1 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and mold into a big ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for an hour in the fridge.
- Make sure your mixture is at room temperature, then carve out small chunks of meat and roll into meatballs, just a little smaller than a golf ball. This amount should make about 18 – 20 meatballs.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, water, soy sauce and brown sugar. Whisk together until all the sugar has dissolved.
- In a large pot, or dutch oven, bring olive oil to heat and add the meatballs. Brown the meatballs on all sides, but don’t cook through.
- Add the sauce to the pot, and using a wooden spoon scape up all the crispy bits on the bottom of the pot, ensuring meatballs are well covered in sauce. Cook, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve 4 – 5 meatballs with sauce over white rice.