Posted By: Lucas Bombardier
This is a super rustic (quick & dirty!) version of tuna casserole. It's super easy to make and should you wish to increase the goodness factor feel free to add fresh ingredients (mushrooms & peas) instead of canned versions. You could also spice it up a bit by trying out different vegetables, I'm fond of adding corn instead of peas.
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 package Broad Egg Noodles
2 cans of Tuna
1 can Peas
1 Large Onion - diced
1 can mushrooms - sliced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Curry Powder (optional)
Salt & Pepper
- Bring heavily salted water to a boil, heat up pan over medium high heat, preheat oven to 350.
- Add your noodles to heavily salted boiling water. Cook them just to al dente - you don't want them fully cooked because they still have to be baked.
- Add some oil to the frying pan, at medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they start to become transparent (about 5 minutes).
- To your casserole dish add tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms and noodles. Add additional noodles or soup as desired.
- Add your onions to the casserole dish along with peas, Worcestershire and curry powder. Add a good pinch of salt (to taste). Stir well. (Careful, don't crush the peas!)
- Sprinkle paprika on top of mixture. Bake covered for 30 - 45 minutes.